Sunday, June 6, 2021

A Day Live'n The Dream

 

A Day Live’n The Dream

6/02/2021

  

 Early morning I’m pulling into an open site along the Clarion River in the Allegheny National Forest. It’s not a quick chore getting the camper put and stuff organized so there’s no use in trying to hurry. After I get the camper and site settled I drive up and get a stack of wood. On the way back to camp I fill up two water jugs from the mountainside spring. Back at camp I stack the wood while pumping water in the fresh water tank. 


 

By now it’s near noon. I make a lunch while having another beer. After lunch it’s time for a much needed nap.

3:30 rolls around and I’m ready to go fishing. The river is calm and quiet. The slow water and current produces nothing. I drive upriver to find faster water flow.


  I catch a few rainbows and brown trout on Woolly Buggers. I switch to dry flies and make a few trout rise. They flop around in the net. A misty rain develops under the gray blue sky. I catch one more brown trout and call it quits.



 
 

 Back at camp I grill a thick venison steak seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning. For the sides I have spinach, with chopped onions, and applesauce and I got myself a meal. I wash it down with an imported smooth Czech Pilsner.

  

 After dinner I get a fire going and for dessert, kind of, I have a Porter and peanuts. 


 

  Later on for a night cap I take a few nips of the Devil’s Cut bourbon and chase that down with a Moose head lager. I relax by the campfire smoking a Nico Puro Rosado Robusto with my feet propped up on the fire ring rocks. I listen to drops of rain tapping the big oak and maple leaves again and again as they fall and drip from under the dark pale sky.

 Life is good,

 

~doubletaper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment