Friday, January 22, 2016

BWO Emerger Tute

BWO Emerger


Hook; Short Curved Scud  #18, #16
Thread; Olive
Bead; Green glass bead
Tail; CDC
Body; Olive thread
Wing; CDC 

 1. Put bead on hook

2. Thread hook shank to bend of hook 

 3. Tail; Tie in short cdc tail at bend. Trim cdc just behind bead. This will put a little bulk in the body.

 4. Body; I wrap over the cdc and shank about three wraps back and forth. Leave thread behind bead.


5. Wing; Tie in cdc back towards tail behind bead.

 I fish this just below the surface with an occasional tug.
This is a killer emerger pattern I've used on Spring Creek during the BWO hatch.



 You can read the story on my blog 2013 March, Spring Creek March or 2015 April, Deadly combination.

2 comments:

  1. What hook is this? Very nice profile and looks to be fairly heavy wire...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe i tied this with a 1x short, 1xstrong #500 J Stockard hook. That's what i use now and it looks the same.

      Delete