Nearenuf Dry Fly Tute
Originated by H.G. ‘TAP’ Tapply 1950’s
Hook; Standard Dry Hook #12-#18
Thread; Gray 8/0
Tail; Two stripped grizzly hackle stems splayed
Wing; Wood Duck flank feather divided
Body; Stripped peacock herl. 2 for size #12 & #14. 1 for #16 & #18
Hackle; 1 Grizzly hackle 1 Ginger hackle
Head; Gray thread
1. Thread base hook shank to hook bend
2. Tail; Tie in 2 stripped grizzly hackle stems splayed
3. Wing; Tie in wood duck feather divided and bring thread to hook bend.
4. Body; Strip 2 peacock herls with eraser. Tie in 2 stripped peacock herls at bend. Bring Thread in front of wings.
5. Body wrap; Wind peacock herls to just in front of wings. Trim off excess.
6. Hackle; Tie in 1 Grizzly hackle and 1 Ginger hackle
7. Wind Ginger hackle. 3 Wraps behind wing and 2 wraps in front
8. Wind Grizzly hackle through Ginger hackle and tie down in front of wing.
9. Trim hackle ends and thread head. Varnish Peacock body.
#18 & #16
#12 & #14