Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wading another Bend


Wading another Bend

There’s a long and winding creek
                      just south east of DuBois
Deep within the forest
                   away from human noise
I visit somewhat often
  one to enjoy
I park along the dirt lane
                and open up the door
The forest, it greets me
                 like many times before
I gather up my 3 weight
and explore
There I am, on the creek again
There I am, the forest my friend
There I am, casting a fly again
There I am, wading another bend

Later in the evening
          I drink my last beer
Smoke my last cigar
                 wondering why I’m even here
I conjure up the winding creek
and I’m there
There I am, along the creek again
There I am, with more time to spend
There I am, catching a trout again
There I am, wading another bend

~doubletaper





No comments:

Post a Comment