Saturday, January 14, 2012

GW Fly Fishing Co... introduction

 If you have followed my blog you have read about my fly fishing in North Carolina with my son Giddeon. Well, he has been wanting to start a guiding service in Western North Carolina for some time now and finally got his license to do so. As his father, I could brag about his abilities, however, you can learn more about him through his website. If you plan on visiting Asheville or surrounding areas to fly fish for trout or smallmouth I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Without further ado, I introduce to you, my son Giddeon.

 

Giddeon White

Western North Carolina Fly Fishing Guide.
 I grew up fishing the rivers and streams of Western and Central Pennsylvania. When I was about 15, my father gave me this crazy looking fishing pole. I asked myself "is he serious?" The reel didn't even have a bail or a button! I really thought he lost it when he showed me the "bait." Flies, I thought?
 Well, over the next couple weeks he taught me how to use my new fly rod. The first time I landed a rainbow on a dry fly, I was hooked. Since then, I have never left home without a fly rod. I even took it to college and taught my Parks and Recreation class how to cast.
 Over the years, I have been fly fishing rivers, streams, lakes, intercoastal
waterways, and even the ocean. I've caught many different species of freshwater and saltwater fish, but nothing beats catching a big brown trout that has no intention of giving up without taking you down to your backing once or twice.
 These days, I fish the rivers and streams of WNC, and am always happy to pass the knowledge and excitement of fly fishing on to a fellow angler. When I guide, if you do not have a destination in mind, I take into consideration the species of fish you want to catch, the weather, and recent fishing pressure of streams. I can customize any trip to fit your time frame and fishing style.
 A few things are certain on my trips - it will be a great adventure, and I will show you how and where to catch fish. Once you fish the streams of WNC, you'll want to return again and again.


Good luck Giddeon and I hope to be down there, when I get a chance, to help you out!

______________~dad




No comments:

Post a Comment